"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Friday, August 27, 2010

Une Noisette Cafe, s'il vous plait ~ the perfect cup of coffee

Cafe Noisette


As I've been getting ready for my trip, I've been thinking about the things I can't wait to do again. Things that I only do in Paris. One of those things is coffee... 

Like most people in the world, I love me some coffee. For me, as the saying goes, the only bad coffee is no coffee! Okay, maybe I'm overstating it just a bit, but you know what I mean. One of the things that is globally common is 'native coffee.' Every place has their own native coffee with specific rituals of consumption: Turkish Coffee (Middle East), Cafe Con Leche (Spainish), Cafe Latte (Italian), Chicory Coffee (Creole), Kona Coffee (Hawaii), and of course - Cup  of Joe (United States) - and I honor and revere them all!

Now in Paris, coffee is literally a work of art, a time honored social ritual (inseparable from the cafe experience). But Paris coffee is nothing like American coffee. It took me several years to figure it out how to have the very best Paris coffee experience.

First of all, NEVER order cafe American - 99% of the time it's bitter brown water. Your best bet is to order a Cafe Noisette - espresso with a dash of cream. It's creamy and sweet - yum! Also, I've ordered it in more than half a dozen different cafes, it's always very good. So, pick a cafe (any cafe), sit down (preferrably outside, under one of those nifty heaters) and when your waiter/waitress asks for your order say: "Bonjour, un Noisette Cafe s'il vous plait." Drop me a line, I'd love to know if you like it.





Vivre, rire, aimer!

Temple



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...