"Those who have experienced Paris have advantage over those who have not. We are the ones who have glimpsed a little bit of heaven, down here on earth." - Deirdre Kelly






Thursday, October 29, 2009

Debut ~ Pour l'Amour de Paris

Temple dans un cafe Parisien {October 2009}

"Paris is like a special woman.
A woman who is so alluring that she entrances you,
and you cannot get enough."
- Patricia Laplante Collins

Bonjour et bienvenue!

My name is Temple and I am, quite simply, in love with Paris. I have had an on-going, torrid love affair with the cite for nearly 30 years, since my first trip in 1982. And, about every three years since that life transformative trip, I returned to my 'lover.'

During my last sojourn, while sitting at a cafe with a good friend of mine, we talked about why we so love Paris and what it is that draws so many diverse peoples to Her. My SistahDiva girlfriend's Paris love-theory is that Paris is like a special woman. A woman who is so alluring that she entrances you, and you cannot get enough. Patricia went on to say that this je ne sais quoi, that is Paris, is especially alluring to other women. Her insight resonated with me. The very atmosphere of Paris encourages, no demands, that all women revel in their feminine erotic-self - whether it be via (re)discovering her Diva-self, replenishing the Romantika-vibe with her spouse, and/or encouraging her family to engage in an 'old world' lifestyle.

My decades long love affair with Paris is one of the primary factors that has led me to fully embrace my inner and outer Diva. My definition of Diva = a woman who knows her worth and treats herself accordingly. And when I'm in Paris I feel softer, more carefree, more feminine - and I love it. There's something in the air, water, food and wine of Paris - I guess that's the je ne sais quoi factor.

While living states-side, I've created and maintained a lifestyle Parisien. A recent addition to this endeavor has been my creation of handmade Parisien inspired bracelets (see my shop: Temple Designs). After returning from my from my most recent trip, I decided to create a Diva friendly-Paris lover's-space - Pour l'Amour de Paris {For the Love of Paris}.

The purpose of this blog is to aid states-side lovers, of all things Parisien, in connecting with the cite in large and small ways:
- books, interviews, shopping and music

- I'll share the results of my photographic adventures in Paris

- invaluable information for when you visit: where to rest your head, what to see and do, where to eat and drink, the best places to experience the best that Paris has to offer, and the best places to meet like minded people

- I'll also be blogging about State-side places where you can get the best Paris-fix to hold you 'til your next trip.

Your questions, suggestions and comments are most welcome.
If there's something specific that you want me to blog about, just drop me a line.

Laissez l'experience commence!
(Let the experience begin!)

Vivre! Rire! Aimer! (Live, laugh, love!),

Temple



Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...